Grant Agreement EAC-2017-0381 implementing "Framework Partnership Agreement with a European policy network in the field of education of children and young people with a migrant background"- EAC/S28/2016
Data de início: 21-9-2017
Data de fim: 20-9-2021
Migration Policy Group
- Migration Policy Group (MPG), Belgium
- Don Bosco International, Belgium
- European Parents Association (EPA), Belgium
- Vlaamse Onderwijsraad - Vlor (Flemish Education council), Belgium
- Multi Kulti Collective, Bulgaria
- Forum for Freedom in Education (FFE), Croatia
- Network of Education Policy Centre (NEPC), Croatia
- PRAXIS Center for Policy Studies, Estonia
- University Ulapland, Finland
- Université de Montpellier, France
- European Forum for Migration Studies (EFMS), Germany
- HOU, Greece
- UoWM, Greece
- Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), Ireland
- New Communities Partnership (NCP), Ireland
- Public Policy and Management Institute (PPMI), Lithuania
- Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions (OBESSU), The Nederlands
- Risbo, The Nederlands
- Ostfold University College (HIOF), Norway
- Educational Research Institute (IBE), Poland
- CIIE – Centre for Research and Intervention in Education, Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences of the University of Porto, Portugal
- High Commissioner for Migration (Alto Comissariado para as Migrações – ACM), Portugal
- Educational Research Institute, Slovenia
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB), Spain
- Fryshuset, Sweden
- African&Caribbean diversity, UK
- Leeds Beckett University, UK
Equipa do CIIE
Sofia Marques da Silva (Coord.)
SIRIUS 2.0 – Policy Network on Migrant Education aims to promote co-operation between different stakeholders, support inclusive policy development and implementation at different governance levels and facilitate the integration of children and young people with migration background in education. SIRIUS 2.0 will build up on the results of SIRIUS - European Policy Network on the Education of Children and Young People with a Migrant Background, initiated by the European Commission in 2012.
Together as the SIRIUS network, old and new partners have already developed specific methodologies and working relationships to design effective mutual learning activities between national actors and with EU actors and institutions.
SIRIUS 2.0 proposes the following activities:
- National and regional policy workshops for inclusive policy-making;
- Study visits promoting transnational learning between various types of stakeholders, such as policymakers, practitioners, migrant-led education initiatives and organisations, etc.
- SIRIUS Watch, monitoring the most significant changes in policy, implementation and knowledge in the Member States;
- SIRIUS annual policy conference, promoting exchange and collaboration between partners and stakeholders beyond the network, as well as dissemination of SIRIUS results and recommendations.
It is expected that the SIRIUS 2.0 activities at the national level will lead to:
- The fostering of networking and cooperation among national policy makers, researchers, practitioners and migrant organisations dealing with migrant education issues.
- The acceleration of processes of mutual learning and exchange of experience on the national and multinational level.
- The creation of strategic and policy documents that provide the basis for future activities, policies and practices.
SIRIUS 2.0 will perform a knowledge brokerage function by providing evidence from research and practice for policymaking and by informing research about the unmet needs of policymakers and practitioners.